Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Firmware too low

1546 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2021-03-01 03:32:36

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    brunotrost
    2021-02-08 20:25:37
     I downloaded the mp408 update and got the maxiscope app on my computer. I tried to check for updates online and I get the message "please connect the device first and check firmware version number" My scope was already connected and I just just downloaded the latest version of the maxiscope app from the autel website. How do I upgrade this firmware now? My subscription expired and I heard if I upgrade the scan tool directly, it will stop functioning.
    file:  screenshot.png

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2021-03-01 03:32:36 (Reply to:brunotrost)

I'm not sure if you just bought your device new or not, but if what I list below doesn't work or if all fails try the provided USB cable from your Maxi Flash Elite and try the process again, and if that don't work call Autel support in your geographic region and have them remote in via Team viewer 10 to see what's going on and arrange a warranty return.

On PC Click on Maxi Scope Program
    Agree to allow program to make changes on PC
    Plug the Maxiscope into one of the known working USB ports of your PC with the correct provided USB cable and listen for the sound your pc makes when it recognizes something is connected (but it may or may not open any dialogue box. Minimize it if it does)
     On the Maxiscope Program click "File"
    Click connect device, verify Autel-Maxiscope and click OK
    Click Help
    Click Update
    Select online to check Online latest version
    After you are finished using Device Click File
    Click Exit
    On desktop select Devices and Printers or restore it from minimized
    Click Unspecified (Device is seen by PC as EZ-USB)
    Right click on EZ-USB image and select remove device to safely remove device or at least not hear that sound the PC makes when you unplug a USB device
  Total1 Pages